ADVERTISEMENT

TN Varsity High School Football Talk

TNVarsity.com

Water Boy
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Father Ryan athlete Catlin Hagan
How did/is everything going football wise as of late?
“Football season was a great learning experience you know from everything from learning from our new defensive coordinator Coach Broadrick brought in some amazing things that I think we are really going to build off great this offseason and into next year things didn’t go our way a lot of games but I think we had some great learning experiences for a lot of us younger guys and not as experienced guys that played a lot and I just think we are going to have a really hungry group next year and really looking forward to it.”

What do you feel your team can continue to improve on going forward?
“I feel like this off-season leadership is something we can continue to build up on and continue to preach every day and also our CCC motto, courage commitment and character, will be a big part of this offseason and just continuing to get bigger stronger and faster our strength coach and offensive coordinator Coach Copley does a great job with helping us commit to our goals and just helping us out tremendously with that.”

Have you been pleased with your performances?
“I think this year was a big step for me I played some varsity last year at Safety due to some injuries that I think gave me a lot of confidence going into this year playing Safety again and getting a lot bigger stronger and faster last season helped me a lot too I think my coverage got a lot better over the offseason and summer as well and playing some receiver this year due to some injuries and I think just feeding off those offense guys energy and leadership helped me there a lot too.”

How do you feel about the play of your team?
“I think our play as a team was pretty good fell short a few games and I think the seniors were great leaders and really helped us younger guys I think our junior class has a lot of great talent and leadership and really all of our youngers have a lot of that and really looking forward to that for next season.”

What are your sporting goals going forward as of now?
“My sporting goals right now are winning a state championship this spring on the baseball field and winning a state championship in the fall with football and just continuing to grow and learn with my brothers.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Beech running back Chelton Swafford
How did/is everything going football wise as of late?
“We had a solid season after a run to the 6A finals last year. We lost a bunch of seniors but got better each week to finish second in the region and lose to undefeated Southwind in the round.”

What do you feel your team can continue to improve on going forward?
“We are young but will keep working.”

Have you been pleased with your performances?
“I finished with 1,098 yards rushing and 12 TDs on the season after spending 4 weeks as the backup RB so it was a good 10th grade year outside of not getting to Chattanooga.”

How do you feel about the play of your team?
“N/A.”

What are your sporting goals going forward as of now?
“I have a goal of 1,800 yards rushing next year. I’m currently working on weight lifting to play at 200 lbs next year.”

Q&A with Sequatchie County wide receiver Jackson Tate
How did the high school football season go overall?
“The season went well, but was cut a bit shorter than suspected.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Play on a 7on7 team and continue to work out and get stronger and faster.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I think we will do a lot better than this season as we have a lot of guys returning.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Giles County.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“As far as we are concerned, we are going against ourselves and not a team or a certain individual. Our goal is to play our ball, and do it to the best of our capability.”

Q&A with Lausanne Collegiate School athlete Jawell Rodgers
“8/10, there were a lot of big moments but a lot to work on in the upcoming offseason.”

“My plan is to take the weight room to another level, play 7on7, and participate in track and field.”

“I think we will do great next season but we have to put a lot of work in and build chemistry with each other. If we do, we will be playing in the state Championship for my last 2 years of high school.”

“It will be our toughest competition on our schedule. Only we can beat ourselves with mental errors and mistakes.”

“Myself. Only I can beat myself, bad plays, lack of energy, not leading right, I have to trust my craft and instincts at all times.”

Q&A with Meigs County running back Bryson Hiefnar
“We had a very successful season overall.”

“I just have been doing a lot of speed training and compound lifts.”

“I feel good about our team although we are going to be very young.”

“I would say Kingston.”

“That's a tough question because I don’t know what everyone is doing with their off-season training, but I would probably say Tariq Reese.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News