ADVERTISEMENT

TN Varsity High School Football Talk

TNVarsity.com

Water Boy
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Greenhill inside linebacker Gavin Uhlir
How did the high school football season go overall?
“We did well and we made it to the first round of the playoffs.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“My plan is to focus on shot put and also train for wrestling nationals while also preparing for camp season.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel our team is talented and can go far.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Mount Juliet will probably be our toughest game.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“N/a.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Upperman defensive back Carmine Phillips
“Our season was great. Region 4-4A State runner up.”

“My focus has been on workouts and training to get me to that next level. I have some camps lined up already that I plan on attending.”

“I feel like this next season we will be good, and we didn't like that we fell short of that gold ball so that's our goal to make it back to the championship.”

“I feel region games in Macon are always toughest, but it doesn't matter if we are always up for the challenge.”

“Not sure who the toughest individual will be, I haven't seen our entire schedule yet. It's really not an issue though I take it game by game and prepare for whoever I need to.”

Q&A with Forrest running back Fletcher Fields
“Overall team was disappointed in the first-round loss in the playoffs, however I was excited to get meaningful reps as a freshman starter on varsity on both sides of the ball.”

“My plan is to work as hard as I can this offseason lifting and position training.”

“I think we can contend for a region title, we look forward to implementing a new offense.”

“Marion County.”

“Sam Pickett.”

Q&A with Sevier County quarterback Cooper Newman
“I feel like it went great, stepping into a 5a school and starting as a freshman was a great opportunity for me.”

“My plan during the offseason is to just hit the weights and continue to work on my game for me to have a great sophomore season.”

“I feel like we have the opportunity to be a better football team this year with the guys we have returning and the work they have been putting in.”

“Every team on our schedule has improved but it would be great for us to avenge our only regular season loss against Jefferson County.”

“There are a lot of great players we will be facing but I think one of the best is Nic Moore, an offensive and defensive lineman for Jefferson County.”

Q&A with Gordonsville quarterback J Foster
“I feel like it went good especially after the start we had and we are still making it to the quarterfinals.”

“Just trying to get bigger, faster, stronger and keeping my arm in shape.”

“I feel like we have a really good chance to be just as good if not better than last year especially up front since we only lose one starter on the line and we return our all-state receiver in Dalton Hancock.”

“I feel like it will either be Bledsoe or Clay since both teams were tough games last year and they both bring back a lot of starters on both sides of the ball.”

“I’m going to say Nate Adams because he’s so good on both sides of the ball and has a clutch factor.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News