ADVERTISEMENT

TN Varsity High School Football Talk

TNVarsity.com

Water Boy
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Elizabethton athlete Jeriah Griffin
How did the high school football season go overall?
“The 2022 high school football season was good, Coach Witten did a great job making decisions and putting us in the best position to win as a team we battled a lot of adversity at the beginning of the season with injuries and taking 3 straight losses we had to learn to come together and prepare for the weeks ahead.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I will be going into baseball in the spring. I have been preparing for the season to start in March but I also have still been working on my craft on the football field with workouts every week and 7v7 practices and games.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel the team we have come up with has high expectations and standards set for us. All the seniors that we have watched and that have set the stage and won state those 2 years have left us a path to full fill and it’s our turn to fulfill it. We have a lot of experience going into this year in most positions after last season and I know Coach Witten will put us in the best situation to win games.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I think we will go into every game this year having that mindset of knowing you’re going to be in it for all 4 quarters and that’s what all our coaches try to prepare us for during the season because later games in the season and in the big games in the beginning of the season there is not a lot of room for mistakes to be made and it’s got to be more mental than physical at some aspects.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“There’s a lot of good athletes on every team we play, we know we will get everyone’s best shot and our coaches know that. We know that so we try our best to prepare in the film room during the season so we know our jobs and don’t have to worry about individuals on other teams.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Jefferson County running back Omarian Mills
“The high school season went pretty good, a lot of good things happened for me and my teammates and coaches.”

“My plans are to get faster mostly and beat my PRs.”

“My team and my coach will do great this season in my opinion.”

“The toughest team in my opinion is going to be Oak Ridge or Science Hill.”

“The toughest guy I have to face during practice is going to be my best friend Dallas Williamson.”

Q&A with Elizabethton defensive end Mason Ball
“The season went well besides my injury. Team got closer and closer as the season progressed.”

“My plan is to break the single season sack record at my school.”

“N/A.”

“N/A.”

“N/A.”

Q&A with Mt. Pleasant slot receiver Keevan Cooper
“Our high school season went good this year, [we] made it all the way to the second round and only lost 2 games.”

“Work on getting smarter offensively and defensively.”

“I feel pretty good about next season.”

“Harpeth, I heard they are decent.”

“I really don’t know of anyone that’s just tough for us.”

Q&A with Station Camp linebacker Sanders Ellis
“Overall the season went average last year. We went 6-4 and nothing special came out of it.”

“To be the strongest, fastest, and smartest linebacker in my class.”

“As long as my team is on one accord I know that we will make a run at state for sure.”

“Our toughest team on our schedule will be Pearl Cohn.”

“We are new to 4a so I wouldn't really know what players we would have to really game plan for.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News