ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with McMinn County kicker Spencer Sullins

TNVarsity.com

Water Boy
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“Regarding weightlifting, I usually just work out at school when we have our designated period for it. This involves back squats, cleans, front squats, and other Olympic lifts. I think having a routine is important. For kicking and punting, I try to get in 3 days a week of practice, and I always follow the same order. I also stretch every night. I also practice regularly with coach James Wilhoit, special teams coach with Brentwood Academy and the Tennessee Titans. I owe him much of my success and thank him.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“I think I have improved on my punting since last season. I have really noticed a change when I practice. I have improved on kickoff distance as well.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I think our team will do well this season. We have strong players and good underclassmen who can really help us this year.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“As far as the toughest team we will play, I am not sure. We played some great teams last year and will play them again this year, and I can see some very good games this season.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“As far as the toughest individual player, I am not sure. I do not check out other teams’ rosters and see which players are the best, it just doesn’t seem necessary to my position. That’s not to say I will not see great players, I just have not read into them.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I want to play football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“N/A.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“N/A.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“N/A.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“I am going to three college ID camps this summer.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I am going to Arkansas, Auburn, and University of Tennessee at Knoxville as well as Kohl’s Kicking National Invitational Scholarship Camp.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was Auburn University. Both my parents graduated from Auburn and I have a brother at Auburn.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News