ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee Recruiting Tidbits (12/6) and Championship Game Thoughts

VandyButter

Hall of Fame
Feb 16, 2007
Recruiting Tidbits

- Reco Williams of Northeast high school has picked up offers from Tennessee State and Austin Peay. Williams is a 6'1, 235 pound fullback/ linebacker.

- Jess Patton of Blackman was set to take an official visit to Princeton this past weekend. He has an offer from Air Force as well.

- Raquis Hale of South Pittburg seems to really have improved his stock with 220+ yards rushing and 5 touchdowns against Jo Byrns in the 1-A State Championship. He rushed for a school record 2,454 yards on the season. Several schools seem to be interested including Illinois.

- Jaiari Dunaway of Siegel seems to narrowed down his list between Tennessee and Kentucky. Also, don't count out Central Florida who is starting to show alot of interest and that could lead to an offer in the future.

- Darrell Warren and Taharin Tyson of Alcoa have committed to UT-Chattanooga. They will join local stars Jacob Huesman of Baylor and Jarrod Coleman of McCallie at UT-Chattanooga.

Thoughts from the State Championships

- Several players had impressive showings at the state championships this weekend. Some were expected like Shaquille Mason and Tra' Darrius Goff of Columbia, Joe Townsend of Hendersonville, Jeremiah Bryson and Parrish Gaines of Smyrna, Raquis Hale of South Pittsburg, Darrell Warren, Taharin Tyson, and Derek Evans of Alcoa, Jabriel Washington of Trinity Christian, Corn Elder and Keenan Crenshaw of Ensworth, Jacob Huesman and David Helton of Baylor, and William Carmichael of Greeneville.

Other players a little less talked about that stuck out to me would include:

- Kenneth Hughes of Columbia. He has a tall wide frame, and he does a great job of attacking linebackers at the 2nd level. He has good feet, and he could make someone a good offensive lineman.

- Troy Dye of Hendersonville. He is big tight end that is much more of a blocker than a receiver. He played well on the defensive side of the ball as well. I could see him possibly playing several positions at the next level.

- Vanderbilt Hambrick of Alcoa. I know there has been alot of talk about this young man, but this was my first opportunity to see the young man play. He is an exceptional running back with good vision.

- Eric Belew of Columbia. No one on Hendersonville's team could cover him. He ran great, precise routes. He also shown great athleticism and he possesses deceptive speed. He had 2 int's, but his future looks like it will be on the offensive side of the ball.

- Steve Wilson of Smyrna. He is definitely athletic, and I could see him developing into a nice safety at the next level. He has a tall skinny frame that could easily add weight.

- Patton Robinette of Maryville. I didn't get to see him throw the ball much, but he did show alot of athleticism. He did a great job of leading the offense and reading the veer. When he went out, Maryville's offense did little.

- John Mackey of Baylor. Mackey may not have the ideal height of a defensive end, but he uses that short frame to his advantage. He has excellent strength, and looked unblockable at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News