ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with McMinn County linebacker Landon Feggins

TNVarsity.com

Water Boy
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?
“My team and I have been on the grind since the end of our last season. We took two weeks off then went right back to weightlifting during our 4th period all the way up into the end of school. I personally have been lifting and running this off-season and studying the game more with past film (seeing what I can fix on the field).”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“I feel as though I’ve most improved my physical presence and knowledge of the game. Physically I’ve grown. Last year [I was] 5’11 about 195 lb, this year [I’m] 6’1 and 207 lb. Along with the fact [that] my strength has gone up to 465 back squat, 365 front squat, 245 clean, and 225 rack jerk. Speed wise 4.7 on 40 yard dash. My field IQ has grown as well, starting as a freshman and sophomore has led me to where I can not only read my key, but the entire offense [as well], leading me to make more plays. And studying film reinforces that confidence.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I think my team will do great this season, for the past two years I’ve been at Mcminn we’ve made it to the second round of playoffs two times. This past year [we lost] to Powell who went on to be state champs. The only thing I can see us needing work on is our o-line and d-line. We lost a good amount of seniors at both spots. But I’m confident that my guys will get the job done both ways. Not to mention, we have Jayden Miller who runs the lights out at QB, Caden Hester who is a Swiss Army knife, Eli Patton and Luke Chunoird [who] grind it out in the trenches, my guys Luke Sliger and Dev Patel with me in the linebacker core, and Spencer Sullins, the best kicker in East Tennessee.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I think the toughest team we will play will be Bradley Central (our rivals).”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Toughest player we’ll play is Marco from Bradley Central who I’m pretty sure is a 3-star and holds a handful of D1 offers. He’s quick and versatile.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes I would love to play football at the next level and I would love to play for Austin Peay or Chattanooga.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I wouldn’t say I’ve been heavily recruited by any college, yet I took a junior day visit to Austin Peay even though I was a sophomore. One of their coaches went to our school to talk to me and Jayden Miller. [I also] made connections with their linebacker Coach (Coach JJ Clark ) at a recruit camp.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“None really but that will change with time as I am just heading into my junior year and have shown I am capable of playing at that next level. My sophomore stats I believe back this up.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Yes, to Austin Peay on a junior day visit.”

What camps did you attend this summer? How did the camps go overall?
“I went to Etsu, Chattanooga, Austin Peay, and Kennesaw State Mega Camp this summer. They went well, I made the connections I needed to make with coaches to be on their radar these next two years. I feel as though Chattanooga and Austin Peay were my best. Loved the atmosphere and competition. And getting to talk Austin Peay’s head coach, Scotty Walden and JJ Clark like I mentioned earlier.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite team growing up was TCU.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News